Fall Term, 2015
|Date||Event or deadline|
|August 7||Eight-week summer term ends|
|August 15||SHIP – Student Health Insurance Plan fall annual coverage begins|
|August 28||Tuition e-bills available for students and authorized payers|
|August 30–31||University Residence Hall move-in|
|September 2||Classes begin|
|September 25||Family Day at the UW-Football game|
|October 9–11||Family Weekend|
|October 11–17||Homecoming Week|
|October 19||Second-Quarter Housing Payment Due|
|October 30||Last Day to Drop Fall Courses|
|November 1||Daylight Savings Time Ends|
|November 9||Enrollment Begins for Spring Term|
|November 20||Last Day to Withdraw without Academic Penalty|
|November 26||Thanksgiving Day|
|November 26–29||Thanksgiving Recess|
|November 30||Classes Resume|
|December 4||Third-Quarter Housing Bill Published|
|December 15||SHIP Spring/Summer Open Enrollment Beings|
|December 15||Last Day of Class|
|December 16||Study Day|
|December 16||Last Day to Accept Financial Aid for Fall Term|
|December 17||Exams Begin|
|December 20||Winter Commencement|
|December 23||Exams End|
|December 24||University Residence Halls Close|
|December 24–January 18||Winter Recess|
Spring Term, 2016
|Date||Event or deadline|
|January 4||Third Quarter Housing payment due (January 25 if paying with Financial Aid)|
|January 16||University Residence Halls open|
|January 18||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|January 19||Instruction begins|
|February 5||Tuition due for Spring Term|
|March 14||Fourth Quarter Housing payment due|
|March 19-27||Spring recess|
|March 28||Classes resume|
|May 6||Last day of classes|
|May 7||Study day|
|May 8||Exams begin|
|May 13-15||Commencement weekend|
|May 14||Exams end|
|May 15||University Residence Halls close|
|June 13||Eight-week summer term begins|
|June 17||Tuition due for summer term|
- Academic calendar: Projects important dates several years into the future, including the first day of classes, holidays, and breaks.
- Admissions: Application information dates and deadlines.
- Athletic Events Calendar: Find schedules and ticket information for all Badger Athletic teams.
- Campus Area Housing: Best time to look for off-campus housing.
- Commencement: Commencement ceremonies at UW–Madison.
- Enrollment and registration dates and deadlines: Key enrollment, course add, drop, withdrawal deadlines and policies.
- Financial Aid: How and when to apply and answers to your frequently asked questions.
- Greater Madison Visitor and Convention Bureau: A calendar of events for the greater Madison area.
- Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) open enrollment periods: SHIP, offered through University Health Services, provides valuable health
care coverage for eligible UW–Madison students.
- Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR): For more information and to sign up for SOAR.
- Tuition and Fees: Due dates and tuition information.
- University Events Calendar: A calendar of art exhibitions, guest lectures, and many more opportunities on campus.
- University Housing dates: A list of important dates for students living in residence halls, including move-in and move-out dates as well as contract, payment, and cancellation deadlines.
- Wisconsin Union Event Calendar: A list of theater, arts, films, meetings and fun events happening at the Memorial Union and Union South.